Many people get acne even after they cross 30 years. Most of them are people who did not have acne at any point of time before. Often their belief that they will have come too far ahead for acne to catch up.
There are several reasons why acne affects even the adults. Here are seven reasons why adults get acne:
1. One of the reasons is that the problem of acne that an adult had faced during teenage time relapses later in adult age too. There is no definite explanation as to why this relapse occurs. But, the earlier incidence recurring is a reason for adult acne.
2. Adult acne in women normally occurs during pregnancy. Here too, like in teenage years, the reason for acne is predominantly the high hormonal activity due to pregnancy related bio-adjustments.
3. In some cases, it is too hard to crack the situation. The reason becomes enigmatic. It is best to consult a skin specialist in such cases.
4. Many people have experienced that even medications aggravate acne. Medicines containing lithium, anabolic steroids, drugs like isoniazid and rifampin, drugs treating epilepsy and iodine have the potential of inflaming or whipping up incidences of acne.
5. When the skin experiences continuous physical pressure, that will lead to acne in the long run. People, who wear helmets, carry backpack loads etc face this problem as these can skin breakouts.
6. Another likely reason is chlorinated dioxins and other industrial chemicals. Specific industrial work conditions expose people to such chemical in some way or another. This can cause many types of skin disorders including acne.
7. Finally, those adults who undergo certain metabolic changes can have acne. This happens again for the well known reason of hormonal dynamism. This situation in adults is akin to the condition of teenagers or pregnant women in whom the problem of acne is triggered by hormonal changes.